Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pondering fatherhood - Intro Part I

So, here it is, the first entry of my first blog and I have nothing remarkable to say.  I sure hope that isn't going to be a regular occurrence! 

I suppose a brief explanation of the reason behind this attempt to reach the masses is in order.  About a month ago, my wife, son, and I moved from Oklahoma to North Carolina.  The move was fairly typical; full of headaches, moving expenses, unfamiliar territory, and all the other fun stuff that comes along with packing up two 26' (yes...TWO 26 foot) moving trucks.  But, it was not all bad.  As a matter of fact, I would do it all again (maybe tweak a few things) if it meant moving to this beautiful place.  Hills, mountains, ocean, warm weather, changing leaves, what more could you ask for?  But, I digress.  The primary reason for writing this blog is simply to share the joy and frustrations of raising a son.  Hopefully, more joy than frustration...but only time will tell. My goal is to show other parents that they are not alone, provide some humor to stressful situations, provide some insight to raising children, laugh at myself, entertain others, and have an online journal of all the cool and amazing things a nine year old is sure to bring. 

Since this is my first entry, I am too excited to see what it looks like and am going to publish this now.  But, in the second part of the Intro, I will go into further detail about who I am, why I am blogging, and what to look for in the future.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment